- Week 1: Creating colour rolls - Introduction, choosing colours and starting to cut
- Week 2 : Creating colour blocks - Measuring, cutting and forming squares
- Week 3: Sewing Blocks together - Deciding on patterns and bringing together
- Week 4: Creating the border - Playing with crumbs to build fabric ribbons.
- Week 5: Sewing it all together. - Finishing blocks and sewing it all together.
Times: 10:30 - 1:30
You should be able to use a sewing machine independently, have some sewing experience, and have completed a few patchwork or sewing projects beforehand.
You will need:
We offer two options for this workshop. You can bring your own materials or buy a kit using the drop down option.
Kits include 18 fat quarters, 2 metres of contrasting border fabric. This will be enough to make a quilt top. cost of kit £97.00 (Bare in mind that when you see the scrappy nature of this quilt, you may wish to suppliment your kit with some from your stash to increase colours and patterns).
Bring your own stash! The more variety the better! anything from 1" piece upwards. Border fabric will not be needed until week 4 so you can leave this to see how your quilt develops. For week one you will need at least 18 fat quarters worth of scraps.
This course runs once a month for 5 months and will take place on Thursday mornings 10.30am - 1.30pm.
Thursday 30th January 2020
Thursday 20th February 2020
Thursday 19th March 2020
Thursday 23rd April 2020
Thursday 14th May 2020