An organized tote and bonus zippered pouch! This useful and sturdy tote with lots of great organized storage will mean you’ll be ready to go whenever life calls. Using the great pattern by Anna Graham of Noodlehead we will work on this tote, and if we have time will start on the pouch * please note we may not have time to get through the pouch but you will go away with complete instructions for finishing if not.
The class runs from 10.30 - 4.30pm and the pattern is included but fabric etc is not.
Advanced beginner to intermediate (depending on what features you choose to include)
+ Approx. Finished Dimensions: 14” H x 14 1/2” W, 23” including handle, 5” D; Pouch: 7” H x 10 3/4” W
+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18″ x 22″
- Exterior Fabric 3/4 yard (1/2 yard if not making pouch)
- Contrast Top/Pocket Fabric 1/2 yard
- Zippered Pocket Lining Fabric 3/4 yard
- Lining Fabric 1/2 yard
- Lining Center Panel Fabric FQ
- Interior Slip Pocket Fabric FQ
- Handle Fabric** 1/4 yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20’’ wide) 2 1/2 yards
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (Pellon 809 – 44” wide) 1 yard
- 14" Zipper for the tote, 10" for the pouch
- 18mm Light-strength Thin Magnetic Snap
- 2 sets 8mm Grommets
- 3 sets size 24 metal snaps
- 2 1/2″ piece 1”-wide Twill Tape/ Ribbon/Thin Leather
**Handle Options: Substitute (2) 25” (or 28″) pieces of 1" wide leather (2) 25” (or 28″) pieces of 1”-wide cotton webbing
Additional supplies + tools:
Thread, water-soluble pen, 1/4”-wide fusible web tape (optional), cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, seam sealant, turning tool, (2) 1/4” x 5” scraps of leather/ribbon for zipper pull, denim needle, snap setter, grommet setter
Recommended Fabrics: home dec, heavy linen, denim, canvas, twill, duck cloth, for exterior and lining. Quilting cotton for lining.